正译与反译(2)⸺反说正译

由 familyboat

3 分钟阅读

本文中所论述的翻译方法来自于由外语教学与研究出版社出版的《新编大学英语》第二版第二卷中记载的内容(220–222 页)。以下内容仅用作教育、研究、个人用途,不可用于商业用途,侵权必究。

反说正译是指在翻译过程中把原文的否定式译成肯定式。在某些语境中,英语中的否定往往需要译成汉语的肯定,即英语从反面表达,汉语从正面表达。

某些带否定性含义的动词

如 unload,disappear,disagree,disapprove 等。

  • These beautiful birds are fast disappearing.
    这些漂亮的鸟类正在面临绝种。

  • When we got home and were unloading the car, I could hardly believe my eyes when my brother took a briefcase out of the car.
    到了家,我们把行李从车上卸下来,当我兄弟从车里拿出一只公文包时,我真不敢相信自己的眼睛。

  • Why do you always have to disapprove of everything I do?
    你为什么总是反对我做到任何事?

某些带有否定含义的形容词

如 unhappy,impatient,illiterate,unusual,untouchable,careless,uneasy,uncommon 等。

  • Rapid and inexpensive transport and communication may threaten national cuisines.
    快速及便宜的交通运输业会威胁到民族烹饪。

  • I like that painting; it's most unusual.
    我喜欢那幅画,她独具一格。

  • 90% of those questioned felt uneasy about nuclear power.
    百分之九十被询问的人对核武器感到忧虑。

某些带有否定含义的名词

如 dislike,disbelief,unemployment,impatience 等。

  • However, food likes and dislikes do not always seem related to nutrition.
    不过,对食物的好恶似乎并不一定与营养有关。

  • Unemployment rose last month to its highest level for over five years.
    上个月失业人数上升到五年多来的最高点。

某些词组和句型

如 no more than(仅仅),in no time(立刻),not more than(最多),none but(只有),none other than(正是),cannot help…(情不自禁),not until(直到)等。

  • Students in this class with no exception must answer all the questions.
    这个班的同学统统必须回答所有的问题。

  • I will have no doubt that he will succeed.
    我坚信他会成功。

  • You cannot be too careful in crossing the street.
    过马路时你们千万要加倍小心。

汉译英时否定结构的处理

在汉译英时,某些否定结构不一定用英语否定词,也可以恰当地使用某些含有否定意义的词语,以确保语言的丰富,例如:

  • 镇中心变化很多,根本认不出来了。
    The town center has changed beyond all recognition.

  • 她的品行不容怀疑。
    Her conduct was above suspicion.

  • 我得不到上大学的机会。
    I was denied the chance of going to university.

  • 我茫然不明白发生了什么事。
    I was at a loss (to understand) what had happened.

  • 我们迟到了,未能听到音乐会的第一部分。
    we were late and missed the first part of the concert.

许可

This work © 2025-01-03 by familyboat is licensed under Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 4.0 International